Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is one of my favorite recipes from my cousin June. I enjoy cooking Caribbean chop suey because it's so easy to prepare and it's healthy too. Healthy eating is the primary reason for authoring my cookbook. From http://www.minnacookscaribbean by Nyla Morrison
- Prepare spaghetti as directed.
- Chill covered overnight or until firm and separated.
- Use a deep iron skillet or stovetop wok.
- Cut up and carrots into small slanted pieces.
- Dice scallions.
- Heat pan over medium to high heat with half tablespoons of oil.
- Stir oil into oil bottom and sides of pan completely.
- Add celery and scallions together.
- Add pork, stir constantly until glowing color appears in vegetables; remove vegetables and place in bowl.
- Add carrots to pan.
- Stir and turn to cook thoroughly without burning.
- Vegetables should sizzle when cooking.
- Remove carrots when they have cooked 7 to 10 minutes.
- Put remaining oil into pan.
- Add spaghetti and stir.
- Add 2 beaten eggs.
- Stir again.
- Add vegetables to pan.
- Mix well.
- Sprinkle with soy sauce and spices to taste.
- Continue stirring until all vegetables are completely mixed.
- Serve immediately.
- Serves 6-8.