Prep 1 hr 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
My little cousin Debbie loves to cook and here is a recipe she sent me from Arizona.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon onion, grated
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 cup bread, crumbs
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 lemons, wedged
- Cut 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts into about 5 strips
- or each breast into about 3 cutlets.
- In glass bowl wisk 4 eggs. Add about 1/4 tsp nutmeg,
- 1 tbsp grated onion, about 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese, salt and pepper to taste. Add chicken strips and marinate for at least an hour. Stirring occasionally.
- Put 1/3 cup olive oil in skillet with about 1 tbsp butter and heat till butter melted. Coat strips in bread crumbs. (I make my own bread crumbs) Then put in skillet. Cook and turn until golden brown on each side. Repeat until all strips are cooked, adding more olive oil and butter if needed. Drain on paper towels.
- When ready to serve, serve with fresh lemon wedges. Squeeze a little lemon juice on strip before eating each one. They taste great the next day cold also. Enjoy.