Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 hrs
I like making this because it's easy to throw into the crockpot in the morning and come home to a nice, moist main dish at night. The seasonings are also always on my shelf so I don't have to get anything but the chicken from the store. We call it Cousin because we had a cockatiel who liked to eat chicken and we used to tease that she was eating Cousin Alfred (ok, so our humor was a little gruesome!). The name Cousin stuck and is how we refer to this version of Crockpot Chicken.
- Rinse chicken inside and out.
- Place in crockpot, breast down.
- (This makes for a moist breast!) Sprinkle with seasonings.
- Cover and cook on High for 5 hours or Low for 8 hours.
- Debone and deskin before serving.
I use the jarred minced garlic. Because the jar is so large it inevitably starts to ferment in my fridge. I like to put a heaping spoonful of it in the cavity of my bird--but I'm a garlic head. *grin* I also add some water or chicken stock to mine.