Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
I found this in a flyer from Safeway, a great salad for lunch, you could cheat like I did and use chargrilled zucchini from a jar.
- 200 g baby red capsicums, chargrilled & chopped
- 200 g zucchini, quartered & sliced
- 100 g sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 100 g walnuts, chopped
- 200 g couscous
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Cook the cous cous according to packet directions and place in a serving bowl.
- Stir in 3 tblsp olive oil & the lemon juice, set aside.
- Heat the reaming oil in a pan and fry the zucchini until golden, add to the cous cous.
- Fry the walnuts in the same pan for 1-2 mins, stirring regularly and then add to the cous cous with remaining ingredients.
- Stir well to combine and serve.
Very VERY good! For U.S. readers, red capsicums are red bell peppers. This recipe is so great. We made a ton and used it with several other dinners. It makes great leftovers!
Delicious dinner - I used lettuce instead of zucchini as the zucchini was not in good shape when I went to use it. I served this to an interstate guest aged 18 and he loved it !!