Recipe by Outta Here
A nice summer side dish for chicken or lamb. If you don't care for cilantro, use parsley.
Top Review by loof
This is an easy and tasty couscous recipe! Used zucchini instead of yellow squash as that's what I had on hand, otherwise made as directed. Served with recipe #190713 and really enjoyed - thanks for sharing the recipe!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 3⁄4 cup summer squash, diced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 1⁄4 cups low sodium chicken broth (or vegetable broth)
- 1 cup couscous
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped (or Italian parsley)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the butter and oil in a saucepan with a tight fitting lid.
- Add the onion, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Cook, stirring, until onions are softened. Stir in the squash.
- Add the chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Add the couscous and blend well. Cover, remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes.
- Add the cilantro (or parsley) and blend well with a fork.