Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A nice summer side dish for chicken or lamb. If you don't care for cilantro, use parsley.
Make and share this Couscous With Yellow Summer Squash recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 3⁄4 cup summer squash, diced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 1⁄4 cups low sodium chicken broth (or vegetable broth)
- 1 cup couscous
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped (or Italian parsley)
- Heat the butter and oil in a saucepan with a tight fitting lid.
- Add the onion, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Cook, stirring, until onions are softened. Stir in the squash.
- Add the chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Add the couscous and blend well. Cover, remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes.
- Add the cilantro (or parsley) and blend well with a fork.
This is an easy and tasty couscous recipe! Used zucchini instead of yellow squash as that's what I had on hand, otherwise made as directed. Served with Meatball Tagine With Herbs and Lemon and really enjoyed - thanks for sharing the recipe!
This is wonderful! I have to admit I forgot to add the parsley but I loved the taste and it was so quick and easy. Great way to use up the squash in the garden. I will make this again soon.
Made & reviewed for Ramadan Tag 2009 in the NA*ME forum! I loved this couscous, it was a really nice change to our usual ways of eating it. I did however make one change....I steamed the couscous first over a chicken soup I was making. I also used butternut squash as that is what is available at the moment. Other than that, I kept to the recipe & it was lovely. Thanks mikekey for a great recipe :)