Recipe by Kozmic Blues
This is a terrific, simple and quick side dish. I've also used this recipe to spice up a box the "Near East" brand flavored couscous as well. Simply use the amount of water specified on the box, and add the extra ingredients. It will still be ready in 5 minutes
Top Review by love4culinary
This was fabulous, quick and so easy. This is definitely somethign I will make again. Honestly I have had a hard time (in the past) taking a liking for couscous, but in a dish like this, I thoroughly enjoyed it. There isnt a whole lot to it, but with the ingredients it contains, the flavors and textures make it delightful! THanks so much becky!
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1⁄4 cup chopped scallion
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2⁄3 cup couscous
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄4 pitted and sliced black olives
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine canned tomatoes, scallion, pepper, garlic powder, water, and salt in a medium saucepan.
- Bring liquid to a boil.
- Stir in couscous.
- Cover pan and remove from heat.
- Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Remove lid and fluff couscous with fork.
- Stir in olives and fresh parsley and serve.