1/5 Photos of Couscous With Spinach and Pine Nuts
Our version of comfort food! If you prefer stronger flavors, add more garlic or try a stronger-tasting cheese.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup dry couscous (try whole wheat)
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 -6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup minced fresh basil
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- 5 cups loosely packed fresh spinach
- 1 cup grated muenster cheese (try reduced fat)
- 1/2-1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1Add couscous and salt to boiling water. Cover and let sit 5 minutes, then fluff with fork.
- 2Preheat oven to 375.
- 3Heat oil in large skillet. Saute garlic and onion for ten minutes, or until tender.
- 4Drain canned tomatoes, reserving 1/3 cup juice. Add drained tomatoes to garlic and onions. Cook 10 more minutes, stirring frequently.
- 5Stir tomato mixture into couscous. Mix in reserve tomato juice, basil, pine nuts, raw spinach and pepper.
- 6Spread half of the couscous mixture in a shallow baking dish. Sprinkle muenster evenly, then top with remaining couscous mixture.
- 7Cover dish with foil and bake at 375 for 25 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Couscous With Spinach and Pine Nuts
Serving Size: 1 (311 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 526.2
- Calories from Fat 275
- Total Fat 30.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 27.1 mg
- Sodium 517.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.6 g
- Sugars 7.7 g
- Protein 17.2 g