Recipe by aerobicon
Never tried this, but am posting for safe keeping and nutritional info. Tell me how you like it.
- 1 cup couscous
- 2 eggplants, diced
- 3 zucchini, diced
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 red bell peppers
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 chopped tomato
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon cayenne or 1 teaspoon powdered paprika
- 1 glass white wine
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pan, fry the onion with the garlic in the oil for 5-6 minutes.
- Deseed and chop the bell peppers, add to the pan and cook for 4-5 minutes more.
- Next add eggplant, zucchini, salt and pepper, spices, and thyme.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes with tomato puree.
- Add white wine or broth and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add tomatos and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until vegetables are tender but not too soft.
- Prepare the couscous according to package directions, then fluff with a fork.
- Serve vegetables over a bed of couscous.