Couscous With Spiced Chickpeas and Figs
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, spice mix and some salt and pepper, and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes until soft.
- Stir in chickpeas, tomato and stock. Bring to the boil, then cover, reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the zucchini, beans and figs and cook for a further 5-8 minutes until the vegetables are tender. Meanwhile, place the couscous in a large heatproof bowl and pour over 2 cups boiling water.
- Cover the bowl with a clean tea towel. Set aside for 5 minutes, then fluff up with a fork.
- Divide couscous and vegetables among plates, garnish with coriander then serve with harissa, if desired.
- For Moroccan spice mix, these are sold commercially or you can mix your own with the above ingredients.