This recipe is another Lucy Waverman recipe from Food and Drink Magazine. She says "It's good luck to have 7 vegetables in a CousCous Dish". Hmmm....maybe coriander is the 7th veggie? So I guess this will be a lucky recipe, enjoy! ;) Use vegetable stock to make this a vegetarian dish.
- 2 1⁄2 cups chicken stock or 2 1⁄2 cups vegetable stock
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red onion
- 1⁄4 cup diced carrot
- 1⁄2 cup diced turnip
- 1⁄2 cup diced red pepper
- 1⁄2 cup diced zucchini
- 2 cups couscous
- 1⁄2 cup fresh peas or 1⁄2 cup frozen peas
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
- Heat chicken stock in a pot over medium heat. Add cumin, paprika, black pepper, cinnamon and turmeric and simmer together for 2 minutes.
- Add onion, carrots, turnips, red pepper, peas and zucchini and simmer 5 to 7 minutes or until vegetables are softened. Turn heat to high and bring to boil. Stir in couscous. Cover and remove from heat. Let stand for 5 minutes. Uncover and fluff with a fork. Season with salt and sprinkle with coriander.