Recipe by Arctic Mama
I adapted this recipe from a Weight Watcher recipe. The ingredients really compliment each other. We live in northern Alaska and used a spicy Caribou sausage but I think Turkey sausage or Pork sausage will taste just as good.
- 4 ounces sausage, removed from casings
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried coriander, leaf
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 1 cup uncooked couscous
- 1 tablespoon chopped pine nuts, toasted
- 1 cup chicken broth
Directions See How It's Made
- In a nonstick skillet, cook sausage over medium heat, breaking it up as it cooks.
- Stir in onion, cumin, cinnamon, coriander. Cook until onion has softened. Stir in cranberries and chicken broth and bring to a simmer.
- Stir in couscous, cover, remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork, sprinkle with pine nuts and serve.