Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
North African in Origin. This dish can be served at room temperature or warm. I got this recipe from my gourmet club, it was part of the Mediterranean menu. It was a hit that we love.
- 1 small eggplant, peeled and cut into 3 X 1/2-inch sticks
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into 3 X 1/2-inch sticks
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into 3 X1/2-inch sticks
- 1 large red onion, sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh chives, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (5 5/8 ounce) boxinstant couscous with pine nuts (Near East brand)
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- Vegetables-. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Combine the first 4 ingredients in a large, shallow roasting pan. Whisk together the oil, vinegar, herbs, garlic, salt and pepper in a small bowl until blended. Drizzle the mixture over the vegetables and stir to coat. Roast uncovered, until the vegetables are tender, (about 20 minutes), stirring once halfway through the roasting time.
- Couscous-. In a saucepan, heat butter, add couscous and stir to coat. Cook until it is starting to brown. Add seasoning package. Add boiling broth, stir, cover, and remove form the heat. Let stand for 5 minutes. Place in a serving bowl, fluff with a fork and arrange vegetables on top.