Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
A change in dinner plans required quick thinking on a side dish. This is a simple but great tasting couscous. Comfort food??? Oh, yes!!! Cooking time includes rest time.
- Heat a cast iron skillet or griddle over medium flame. Place unpeeled garlic cloves on pan and roast, turning occasionally, until garlic is blackened on all sides and soft.
- Meanwhile, in a small heavy saucepan, sauté the onion slivers in the olive oil until soft and slightly browned.
- Add the couscous to the onions and stir to coat the grains with the oil. Brown the couscous over low flame until just golden. Meanwhile, remove the blackened peel from the garlic cloves and squeeze the roasted garlic into the couscous.
- When the couscous is golden, add the chicken broth and bring to a boil. Cover the pan, turn off flame, and let rest until it absorbs the broth, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the chopped parsley right before serving.