1/1 Photo of Couscous With Roast Pumpkin, Raisins and Almonds
Kiwi Kathy's Note:
A wonderfully versatile dish that makes a great vegetarian meal or accompaniment to a main course. Also works well cold as a salad. This recipe was from the 'Milly's Kitchen' website.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius Cut pumpkin into 2 cm cubes and place in an oven pan.
- 2Drizzle with a little olive oil, season with salt and pepper and toss well.
- 3Roast for 30 minutes, tossing once during cooking, until pumpkin is tender and golden.
- 4Meanwhile heat 2 - 3 tblsps olive oil in a large saucepan and cook onion and garlic over a moderate heat for 5 - 10 minutes, until soften but not coloured. Add stock and bring to boil.
- 5Stir in couscous, then remove pan from heat, cover and leave to steam for 10 minutes to soften.
- 6Remove covering and fluff up couscous with a fork.
- 7Season well with salt and pepper to taste.
- 8Combine couscous with raisins, toasted almonds, corriander and hot pumpkin and toss well.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Couscous With Roast Pumpkin, Raisins and Almonds
Serving Size: 1 (148 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 298.8
- Calories from Fat 64
- Total Fat 7.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 1.8 mg
- Sodium 519.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 9.4 g
- Protein 10.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: