1/4 Photos of Couscous With Pine Nuts (Barefoot Contessa)
I saw Ina Gartner, the Barefoot Contessa, preparing this dish during the "Friends of Friends" episode of her show.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup chopped shallot (3 to 4 shallots)
- 3 cups chicken stock, preferably homemade
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups couscous
- 1/2 cup toasted pine nuts (pignolis)
- 1/4 cup dried currant
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1Melt the butter in a large saucepan. Add the shallots and cook them over medium-low heat for 3 minutes, until translucent.
- 2Add the chicken stock, salt, and pepper and bring to a boil. Turn off the heat. Stir in the couscous, cover the pan, and set aside for 10 minutes.
- 3Add the pine nuts, currants, and parsley and fluff with a fork to combine. Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Couscous With Pine Nuts (Barefoot Contessa)
Serving Size: 1 (212 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 572.5
- Calories from Fat 231
- Total Fat 25.7 g
- Saturated Fat 8.7 g
- Cholesterol 35.9 mg
- Sodium 489.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 9.5 g
- Protein 16.4 g