Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This makes a healthy lunch, transports well should you want to take it to work, and is rich in vitamin C, protein, fibre and iron. It is from my favorite detox book with Anita Bean.
- 29.58 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 200 g cherry tomatoes
- 225 g couscous
- 300 ml hot vegetable stock (made with stock cube is fine)
- 400 g tinned red kidney beans
- chopped of fresh mint
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C/400 degrees F or Gas mark 6.
- Prepare the peppers by removing the seeds and cutting them into wide strips. Place in a shallow roasting tin with the cherry tomatoes which have been cut in half. Add the olive oil and, with your hands, make sure everything is well coated.
- Roast in the oven for about 30 minutes until the vegetables are just slightly charred.
- Put couscous in a large bown and cover with the hot stock. Stir briefly and leave for about 5 minutes until all the liquid has been absorbed. Fluff up with a fork.
- Add the roasted veggies, the drained rinsed kidney beans and the fresh chopped mint (dried mint doesn't work in this recipe) and mix everything thoroughly. Season to taste.