This makes a healthy lunch, transports well should you want to take it to work, and is rich in vitamin C, protein, fibre and iron. It is from my favorite detox book with Anita Bean.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 200 degrees C/400 degrees F or Gas mark 6.
- 2Prepare the peppers by removing the seeds and cutting them into wide strips. Place in a shallow roasting tin with the cherry tomatoes which have been cut in half. Add the olive oil and, with your hands, make sure everything is well coated.
- 3Roast in the oven for about 30 minutes until the vegetables are just slightly charred.
- 4Put couscous in a large bown and cover with the hot stock. Stir briefly and leave for about 5 minutes until all the liquid has been absorbed. Fluff up with a fork.
- 5Add the roasted veggies, the drained rinsed kidney beans and the fresh chopped mint (dried mint doesn't work in this recipe) and mix everything thoroughly. Season to taste.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Couscous With Peppers, Tomatoes, Beans and Mint
Serving Size: 1 (313 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 431.8
- Calories from Fat 71
- Total Fat 7.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 13.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 74.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.1 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 17.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: