Recipe by Lowfat Linda
An easy-to-make side dish that goes very well with chicken. I adapted this from Dancer's Curried Chicken and Couscous (which is a main dish) for nights when I'm not in the mood for rice or pasta, but need a whole grain and another veggie dish to go on the table. I use the Whole Foods frozen peas and carrots (the carrots are shredded, not coined). Sometimes I add curry and cumin to the broth before bringing it to a boil.
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 cups frozen peas and carrots
- 1 cup whole wheat couscous
- 1⁄3 cup dried cranberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring chicken broth to a boil over medium-high heat in a medium sauce pan.
- Add frozen peas & carrots and stir.
- Once broth returns to a boil, add the couscous and cover, remove from heat.
- After 5 minutes, add cranberries and re-cover.
- Wait 5 minutes and then stir well to combine and serve.