Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
A simple, easy side dish. Perfect with fish or chicken. Cooks super fast.... note: After reading that this was coming out dry, I remade it to see what was wrong. I think it should be solved by increasing the broth to 1 and a half cups or even just 1 and one fourth. You can also add a little more broth after you remove it from heat and adjust to your taste.
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 cup chicken broth (I prefer Better Than Bouillon)
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas
- fresh ground pepper
- Bring chicken broth to a boil.
- Add butter, parmesan and cous cous and return to a boil.
- Remove from heat. Add peas and cover for five minutes.
- Fluff with fork and add salt and pepper to taste.
This was pretty good. I used 1 can (1 1/2 C)of Swanson broth to 1 C of couscous and it was a bit wet. I added sauteed mushrooms but forgot to add onions to make a pilaf with this recipe. I found the whole thing a bit bland, but that could be from using Kraft parmesan rather than fresh.
This is great for when you want to put together dinner quickly, thanks for posting!