Recipe by shhthisisjanelle
Very fast, easy, cheap, and delicious. Really, those are my only four requirements of a recipe. Is that so much to ask? originally from foodnetwork.com. The suggested whole wheat couscous, and I used it since I've got it, but regular couscous could easily be subbed. For wont of lemon zest, I cooked my peas in a little bit of lemon juice. 1/2 cup of cheese is a lot, IMO.
- 1 (14 ounce) can vegetable broth
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons dill, chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine broth, water and oil in a large saucepan; bring to a boil. Stir in couscous and remove from heat. Cover and let plump for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook peas on the stovetop or in the microwave according to package directions.
- Add the peas, dill, lemon zest, salt and pepper to the couscous; mix gently and fluff with a fork. Serve hot, sprinkled with cheese.