Recipe by NurseJaney
From a saved page of an old Gourmet Magazine. I prefer to use Israeli couscous, the pearl type, however you need to check package directions for additional cooking time. This was a great side dish for "Marinated Lamb Chops" Marinated Lamb Chops. I also used kalamata olives and skipped the salt.
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 3⁄4 cups vegetable broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups couscous
- 16 black olives, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon zest, finely grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook garlic in oil in 2-3 quart wide heavy saucepan over moderate heat, stirring frequently, until golden, 1-2 minutes.
- Add water and salt and bring to boil.
- Stir in remaining ingredients, cover pan and remove from heat.
- Let stand 5 minutes.
- Fluff with fork.