Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
from Near East brand Couscous. neareast.com. wanted to let others know that are lookig for different couscous recipes.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 12 ounces boneless chicken breasts, halves cut into 1/2in pieces
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped fresh and packed spinach
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine or 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 (5 2/3 ounce) package Whole Wheat Chicken & Herb Couscous
- grated parmesan cheese
- In large skillet, heat olive oil over medium. Add chicken, onion, garlic; cook 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently until chicken is cooked.
- Stir in spinach, mushrooms, water, wine, and contents of Spice Sack, bring to boil.
- Stir in couscous, cover and remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes, fluff couscous with fork, sprinkle with parmasean cheese.
This was a very tasty and quick recipe. I used the lemon juice option (out of white wine) and it gave this a nice, bright flavor. The only change I would make is to add the spinach a little later as it was verging on being overcooked. Excellent recipe though and will go into regular rotation. Thanks, GreanEyes!!
Made for Spring PAC 2008This was delicious. I will use slang now and say"right up my alley" which means I could eat it again and again. I used dry white wine and frozen chopped spinach squeezed dry. It was soooo easy!