- 2 cups couscous
- 2 cups boiling vegetable stock
- 1 small onion, peeled and sliced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 200 g button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups canned chick-peas or 2 cups cooked dried garbanzo beans
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the couscous in a medium microwave-proof bowl and pour over the stock.
- Leave to stand 2 minutes then fluff up with a fork.
- Heat a non-stick pan with cooking spray and pour in the oil.
- Add the onion and cook until soft.
- Add the cumin seeds and cook for another minute.
- Add the mushrooms and cook while stirring.
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas (if using canned) and combine with the couscous.
- Heat the mixture in the microwave.
- Stir through the mushroom mixture and parsley.