Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A nice blend of couscous and mushrooms. From Simple and Delicious Magazine
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup uncooked couscous
- 1 (7 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- In a large sauce pan, bring water, butter, bouillon, salt, and pepper to a boil.
- Stir in couscous and mushrooms.
- Cover and remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork.
Nice, quick, easy side. I used fresh mushrooms that I sauteed in the butter. Also added some dried minced onion and thyme. Thanks for sharing the recipe.
Easy peasy recipe when you want a very quick side but a bit bland for our tastes though I did add more pepper and less sal (my preference). overall enjoyred.
I changed the recipe just a little bit by using fresh mushrooms and half a small onion. I browned them in a little bit of butter and then followed the recipe. It added so much flavor to the couscous. Thanks Morgainegeiser :) Made for Make my recipe tag game