Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This would be great with garlic chicken!
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 cup instant couscous (about 7 ounces)
- 1 bunch watercress (3 inches of stems trimmed off, cut crosswise into 1/2 -inch pieces)
- 1 medium scallion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed through a press
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- fresh ground pepper
- In a medium saucepan, combine 1 1/2 cups of water with the butter and 1/2 teaspoon salt and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Stir in the couscous. Cover the pan, remove from the heat and let stand until the couscous is tender, about 5 minutes.
- Fluff the couscous with a fork. Stir in the watercress, cover and let stand until wilted, about 15 minutes.
- Stir in the scallion, garlic, lemon juice, oil and parsley; season with salt and pepper.
- Serve the couscous at room temperature.
I'm trying couscous recipes today and just tried this one. Loved the combination of watercress and parsley. What a surprise. Very tasty. I think I might like to add diced tomatoes for color. Thanks for sharing