1/7 Photos of Couscous With Herbs and Lemon
A typical North African dish, made delicious with parsley, mint, basil and lemon! A great side to meat dishes. Adapted from Gourmet magazine(July/2003). Due to some reviews I have updated the recipe, adding more garlic and lemon juice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 1/4 cups vegetable broth (10 fl oz) or 1 1/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 (10 ounce) box couscous (1 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh mint
- 1 -3 tablespoon fresh lemon juice (or to taste)
- salt and pepper
- 1Cook onion in 1 tablespoon oil in a 2- to 3-quart heavy saucepan over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until golden, about 3 minutes.
- 2Add garlic and cook, stirring, 30 seconds.
- 3Add water and broth and bring to a boil.
- 4Stir in couscous, then cover and remove from heat. Let couscous stand, covered, 5 minutes, then fluff with a fork and stir in herbs, lemon juice, remaining tablespoon oil, and salt and pepper to taste. Serve and enjoy!
- 5For vegetarian do not use Chicken Broth.
Browse Our Top Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Couscous With Herbs and Lemon
Serving Size: 1 (116 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 231.8
- Calories from Fat 44
- Total Fat 4.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 10.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 6.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: