Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
A tasty side dish, or a very filling main dish. I got this one out of a publication my local supermarket( Publix) puts out galled Greenwise. It's a pretty cool, free, monthly magazine. Very easy to make too.
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 1/2 inch thick slices
- 2 small zucchini, halved lengthwise
- 1 cup whole wheat couscous
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- For dressing, in a screw-top jar combine lemon juice, water, olive oil, and garlic, 1/4tsp salt & 1/4tsp pepper. Cover and shake well. brush veggies lightly with 1 to 2 tbsps of the dressing.
- grill the veggies uncovered, over medium heat for 10-12 minutes, or until veggies are crisp-tender, turning occasionally.
- Prepare couscous according to package.
- Cool, and coarsely chop vegetables and add to couscous.
- Sprinkle remaining dressing over mixture along with pine nuts and parsley, and stir to combine. servings are for side-dish portions.