Recipe by NurseJaney
Searched ALL 497 recipes, but did not find THIS one !! It came from a very old Bon Appetit, and the addition of cinnamon, lemon peel, and golden raisins give a Mediteranean flair. It is quick, easy, and makes a different side, if you are tired of potatoes and/or rice.
Top Review by I'mPat
I scaled back for 3 serves and still had a serve left over which the DM has claimed for lunch (I'll add a little diced fresh pineapple I have left over and some diced roast pork to round it off for her) and I did used sultanas instead of golden raisins. Thank you NurseJaney made for I Recommend tag and game and recommended by Boomette.
- 2 cups water
- 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons garlic oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Finely grate peel from lemon to equal 1 1/2 tsp, set aside.
- Squeeze 2 TBsp juice from lemon.
- Combine 2 cups water. lemon juice, garlic oil, and ground cinnamon in medium saucepan.
- Bring to boil, simmer 1 minute.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in couscous.
- Cover and let stand about 5 minutes, until water almost absorbed.
- Mix in garbanzo beans, golden raisins, and reserved lemon peel.
- Cover and let stand 5 minutes longer.
- Fluff couscous with fork.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to bowl and serve.