1/5 Photos of Couscous With Garbanzo Beans and Golden Raisins
Searched ALL 497 recipes, but did not find THIS one !! It came from a very old Bon Appetit, and the addition of cinnamon, lemon peel, and golden raisins give a Mediteranean flair. It is quick, easy, and makes a different side, if you are tired of potatoes and/or rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Finely grate peel from lemon to equal 1 1/2 tsp, set aside.
- 2Squeeze 2 TBsp juice from lemon.
- 3Combine 2 cups water. lemon juice, garlic oil, and ground cinnamon in medium saucepan.
- 4Bring to boil, simmer 1 minute.
- 5Remove from heat.
- 6Stir in couscous.
- 7Cover and let stand about 5 minutes, until water almost absorbed.
- 8Mix in garbanzo beans, golden raisins, and reserved lemon peel.
- 9Cover and let stand 5 minutes longer.
- 10Fluff couscous with fork.
- 11Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 12Transfer to bowl and serve.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Couscous With Garbanzo Beans and Golden Raisins
Serving Size: 1 (300 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 348.8
- Calories from Fat 14
- Total Fat 1.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 328.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 73.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.1 g
- Sugars 11.1 g
- Protein 11.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: