Recipe by Outta Here
This easy and simple couscous is a perfect side for a tagine. if you don't like the flavor of cilantro, try using fresh mint or parsley. For added flavor use broth for the water.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 2⁄3 cups water
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, finely grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups couscous
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add garlic and turmeric; stir 1 minute.
- Add water, lemon zest, and coarse salt; bring to boil.
- Remove pan from heat. Stir in couscous. Cover; let stand until liquid is absorbed, about 5 minutes.
- Fluff with fork; mix in cilantro and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.