Recipe by Chicagoland Chef du Jour
Pulled from Guy Fieri's recipe Couscous Stuffed Chicken Breast With Feta & Sun-Dried Tomato. I made the recipe noted but wanted to share the couscous recipe with everyone. It is TDF! I used Israeli Couscous and it was divine and so pretty! It's company worthy and very easy to make.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained and chopped
- 4 tablespoons kalamata olives, rough chopped
- 2 1⁄3 cups chicken stock, can reduce to 2 1/4 for drier couscous
- 2 cups israeli couscous
- salt, if using, I do not use
- pepper, if using
- 1⁄2 lb feta cheese, crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- In saucepan over medium heat add olive oil, when hot, add the garlic and red pepper flakes, warm through for 10 seconds. CAREFUL not to burn the garlic.
- Add the sun-dried tomatoes and sauté 30 seconds more.
- Add olives and chicken stock and bring to a boil.
- Add the couscous, and simmer on lowest setting until liquid is absorbed, per package instructions. approximately 8-10 minutes.
- Fluff with fork, and season with salt and pepper. Add in 1/2 pound feta.