Recipe by Dancer^
couscous with aubergine
Top Review by Anu
Fantastic! I scaled this down to 1 serving since I'm the only one at home who likes eggplant. I didn't have shallots so I used a total of 1 tablespoon of onions. I also used 1/2 cup water and peppered the final product generously. This is the first time I've used couscous, and I definitely will make this again!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon shallots or 1 tablespoon scallion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons onions, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coriander, ground
- 1 cup eggplant, diced
- black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup couscous, precooked
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, fresh
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a saucepan, add the shallots, onions, turmeric, coriander, eggplant, salt and pepper.
- Cook over medium-high heat, stirring, until wilted, but do not brown.
- Add the water, bring to a boil, add the couscous and blend well.
- Cover tightly, remove from the heat and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Add the butter and lemon juice, stir and blend with a fork to separate the grains.
- Keep warm.