Recipe by SassiFras
I found this recipe @ http://www.cranberries.org courtesy of Spinner Publications, Cranberry Cooking for All Seasons. I'm posting this here for safe keeping. Prep time is added into the cook time. Serve as a delicious side dish with lamb, poultry, or fish.
- 1 (12 ounce) package couscous
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken or 1 (14 ounce) can vegetable broth
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 tablespoons walnut, almond or olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 3⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄3 cup pine nuts
- 1⁄3 cup fresh mint leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the couscous according to the package directions, using broth instead of water. Add a pinch of salt to the broth. While the couscous is cooking, roast the pine nuts in a very low (250° F) oven for 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Wash and finely chop the mint leaves. When the couscous has finished cooking, drain any excess liquid. If more liquid is needed to cook the couscous, add water, a little at a time. Pour the couscous into a serving bowl. Add the oil and the lemon juice. Stir well to coat all the grains. Add the cranberries, pine nuts and mint leaves. Stir to combine all the ingredients. Serve immediately.