Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Simple side dish that goes well with chicken, pork or lamb.
- 8 ounces chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup couscous, uncooked
- 2 ounces dried cranberries (or dried cherries)
- salt and pepper
- Combine the chicken stock, couscous and dried berries in a saucepan.
- Bring to a simmer over medium heat and cook using the package directions.
- Remove from the heat and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Pack couscous into 1/2 cup measure and invert onto a serving plate.
This was GREAT! I love the flavour of the cranberries with the chicken stock! The entire recipe made for a great lunch for me. Thanks for posting!
I loved this. Simple side dish is the perfect description of this recipe. Next time I won't be so stingy with the cranberries. Didn't know I'd like them so much.