Top Review by huskiebear
I used whole cherry tomatoes since the large ones in the market right now are out of season and flavorless. I should have halved them to let the juices out, but the dish turned out quite nicely anyway.
- 2⁄3 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄3 cup couscous
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
- 1 clove garlic
- 1⁄3 cup diced tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1⁄4 cup chickpeas, drained
- 2 tablespoons currants
- 1 dash ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring broth to a boil, stir in couscous, cover and remove from heat.
- Let stand 5 minutes, and then fluff with fork.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium high heat.
- Add green onions and garlic, cooking for 1 minute.
- Add couscous, tomato, chickpeas, currants and cumin cooking for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in parsley, lemon juice and pepper.