Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Simple, hot dish that dresses up plain couscous. You could add chopped red or green bell pepper to the shallot saute too.
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons butter or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 cup chicken broth or 1 cup vegetable broth
- 3⁄4 cup couscous
- 1⁄3 cup fresh corn or 1⁄3 cup thawed frozen corn
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne (optional)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- Melt butter in saucepan.
- Add shallot and saute 1 to 2 minutes, or until tender.
- Add chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Add couscous, corn, pepper, cayenne and salt.
- Cover; remove from heat and set aside 5 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork.
So simple and delicious. We all liked it. We didn't have shallot so we skipped the step 2. We used a can of corn and it was still good but next time I'll try with frozen corn. Thanks Wi Cheesehead. Made for Zaar Star Game.
The family enjoyed this dish - plenty of flavour. We served it with the Oven Fried Garlic chicken (recipe 83561) and this was a good match.
As written, a little bland for our taste, but easily salvagable with the addition of a little more cayenne and some fresh herbs.