Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I had something similar to this once at a vegetarian restaurant and then came home and came up with this recipe. It is a nice vegetarian recipe, or a side dish to serve with chicken. This is a very pretty dish!
- 4 cups cooked couscous
- 2 broccoli florets, broken into florets
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1⁄2 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- salt, as needed
- 4 -8 ounces canned chick-peas
- 1 -2 tablespoon cilantro, minced
- 1 tomatoes, deseeded and diced
- Steam the broccoli, grated carrot and yellow bell pepper until tender. Set aside.
- In a large nonstick frying pan put the oil and onion and stir-fry over medium heat until the onion is lightly brown and tender. Add the chickpeas and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes. Frying the chickpeas will make them taste much better.
- Stir in the ground cumin, cinnamon, cayenne, black pepper and salt.
- Mix in the steamed vegetables.
- Carefully stir in the coucous. Check for salt.
- Turn off heat. Garnish with the cilantro and tomato and gently combine just a little bit.
We loved this! I was a little concerned about the cayenne with a six and two year old, but it was just right and they loved it!!We did omit the cilantro, but only because I forgot to buy it at the grocery store. Dirtied three pans to make it, but the flavor was so delicious it was worth it! Thanks...went well with honey hen!