- 2 cups couscous
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 3⁄4 cups chicken broth or 1 3⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coarse salt (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro, plus
- fresh fresh cilantro stem, for garnish, if desired (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine couscous and oil, tossing to coat grains.
- In a medium saucepan, bring water to boil.
- Remove from heat and add salt, pepper and couscous and stir to combine.
- Cover and let stand until couscous has absorbed water, about 5 minutes.
- Add cilantro and fluff with fork.
- Serve immediately.