Chef #344339's Note:
I made this the other night and my boyfriend loved it
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Chop up the garlic; mince the scallions. Dice up the chicken into ½" cubes.
- 2Heat up the olive oil in a skillet; add the garlic and sauté for a minute or two, till the garlic starts to smell good and yummy.
- 3Add the chicken and give it a stir to coat thoroughly in oil. Add the turmeric and salt, plus a few generous dashes of cinnamon and pepper.
- 4Cook the chicken over medium-high heat. When the outside has mostly turned opaque, add the pine nuts. Continue cooking until the chicken is just cooked through -- do your best not to overcook!
- 5While the chicken is cooking, bring the broth to a boil in a small pot. Stir in the couscous and raisins/currants, add 1/8 tsp salt plus a few dashes of ground pepper. Cover and remove from heat; let sit for five minutes. Stir in 1 tablespoons olive oil and the minced scallions with a fork, then continue using the fork to fluff the couscous.
- 6Stir in the chicken and pine nut mixture, and fluff some more. You can serve it hot if you like, but the dish is also good at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Couscous With Chicken, Walnuts& Golden Raisins
Serving Size: 1 (390 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 795.9
- Calories from Fat 274
- Total Fat 30.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 57.2 mg
- Sodium 697.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 100.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.4 g
- Sugars 22.6 g
- Protein 32.2 g