Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I made this the other night and my boyfriend loved it
Make and share this Couscous With Chicken, Walnuts& Golden Raisins recipe from Food.com.
- Chop up the garlic; mince the scallions. Dice up the chicken into ½" cubes.
- Heat up the olive oil in a skillet; add the garlic and sauté for a minute or two, till the garlic starts to smell good and yummy.
- Add the chicken and give it a stir to coat thoroughly in oil. Add the turmeric and salt, plus a few generous dashes of cinnamon and pepper.
- Cook the chicken over medium-high heat. When the outside has mostly turned opaque, add the pine nuts. Continue cooking until the chicken is just cooked through -- do your best not to overcook!
- While the chicken is cooking, bring the broth to a boil in a small pot. Stir in the couscous and raisins/currants, add 1/8 tsp salt plus a few dashes of ground pepper. Cover and remove from heat; let sit for five minutes. Stir in 1 tablespoons olive oil and the minced scallions with a fork, then continue using the fork to fluff the couscous.
- Stir in the chicken and pine nut mixture, and fluff some more. You can serve it hot if you like, but the dish is also good at room temperature.
I reserve 5 stars for recipes I would serve to dinner guests, but this meal was fabulous! I used chicken tenders and kept them whole (just so my carnivore husband could cut into something), and didn't have scallions, but might sprinkle a few chopped green parts on top when I cook it the next time. Also, since I left the chicken whole, it was a little difficult to get the spices even...would probably mix them with the oil prior to adding the chicken to the pan. Also, the recipe was a bit confusing as it kept mentioning pine nuts, but having made it with walnuts, I can't imagine that anything else would suffice. This will be one of my favorite 'comfort' meals!