Recipe by chia
i adapted this from a recipe i got in my email, tried it, loved it. i hope you do too. very quick and easy. i added some marjoram and several kinds of thyme from my garden.
Top Review by Rita~
This was good! I didn`t have cashews so I used pecans. Used almost a cup of red peppers making a whole small red peppers. The stock was almosr absorbed as I poured it needed to add more for a simmer of just a couple minutes.Thanks Chia!
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 8 ounces israeli couscous, uncooked
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup orange bell peppers or 1⁄2 cup red pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cumin
- 1⁄2 cup cashews, chopped
- black pepper, to taste
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh oregano, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet, add diced onions and garlic, saute over medium heat until onions are almost transparent.
- Add the Israeli couscous and saute until lightly toasted in color.
- Add the chicken stock and diced peppers, bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer.
- Add cumin, chopped cashews and pepper to taste.
- Cover and let simmer for 8 to 10 minutes or until most of the chicken stock is gone.
- Remove from heat and stir in fresh thyme and oregano before serving.
- season with pepper and salt before serving.