Prep 0 mins
Cook 10 mins
Very yummy! Only 3 WW points per serving! From the Weight Watchers "5 Ingredients, 15 Minutes" Cookbook.
- 10 ounces frozen broccoli (chopped) or 10 ounces fresh broccoli (chopped)
- 14 1⁄4 ounces reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 cup couscous (uncooked)
- If using frozen broccoli, thaw and drain.
- Mix chicken broth, salt and pepper in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Stir in couscous and broccoli. Cover, remove from heat, and let stand 5 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed. Fluff with a fork and serve. Makes 4 one cup servings.
This was good and very easy to make. I followed the recipe as written. I used steamfresh brocoli so I cooked that in the microwave first. I cut the salt to 1/4 teaspoon and will still thought it was a bit salty. I would leave the salt out completely. Next time I would do as some of the other reviewers did and add garlic and some cheese.
Thanks for sharing this roni. We enjoyed it immensely. I also added 1/2 cup onion, 2 cloves garlic at the beginning of the recipe. When serving, i finished it with a small grating of fresh parmesan and a squeeze of lemon juice. I rated it 4 stars as it is a good basic recipe but felt it needed tweeking. thanks again.
I have to say that with a few additions this was the best couscous I have made so far! Here are the additions: Olive oil to coat the pan, 1/2 cup finely chopped onion, 2 cloves of garlic-I will add 2 more next time. Garlic salt and Natures Season. I sauteed the onion and garlic until barely browned and followed the rest of the directions adding the seasons to taste just before served.