Recipe by dicentra
Vegetarian Times. So pretty! Hello Spring.
Top Review by hollyfrolly
Delicious, fresh, flavorful!!! I love the slight crunch of the snow peas- I'm sure the radishes would have added even more but we didn't have any, and certainly didn't miss them. Same goes for the chives- we used scallion tops instead. The mint adds a lovely middle-eastern-esqe flair. Soooo delish. I must say that this dish would be so lovely with fish or chicken. We had it with steak and salad and enjoyed it thoroughly, nevertheless. Thanks for an awesome recipe!
- 1⁄2 lb asparagus, sliced into 1/4-inch rounds (about 1 3/4cups)
- 1⁄4 lb snow peas, sliced crosswise into 1/4-inch strips (about 1 cup)
- 2 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 3 slices lemon zest (2-inch)
- 1 (10 ounce) package couscous
- 3 radishes, thinly sliced (about 1/3 cup)
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped mint
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook asparagus and snow peas in large pot of boiling salted water 2 to 3 minutes, or until crisp-tender. Drain and rinse under cold water.
- Bring broth and lemon zest to a boil in large pot. Put couscous in bowl, and stir in broth. Cover, and let stand 10 minutes. Discard lemon zest.
- Fluff couscous with fork, and stir in asparagus, snow peas, radishes, lemon juice, chives, parsley and mint. Season with salt and pepper.