Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
My husband and I both love artichoke hearts and we sure love this salad.
- 1 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 cups quick-cooking couscous
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup minced scallion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 -2 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon chopped of fresh mint or 1 tablespoon tarragon (or both)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄2 cup chopped toasted walnuts
- salt and pepper
- salad greens
- In a saucepan, bring the water to a boil.
- Pour couscous into a large bowl; add the boiling water.
- With a fork, stir in the olive oil and salt.
- Cover and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Add in the artichoke hearts, scallions, garlic, parsley, dill, optional tarragon, and mint to the couscous.
- Add in the oil, lemon juice, and walnuts; stir to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve on a bed of fresh salad greens.