Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Real Simple magazine. This dish is full of delicious and subtle flavor. I like it both warm and cold.
- 1 (10 ounce) box couscous
- 1⁄4 cup apricot jam or 1⁄4 cup preserves
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 scallions, chopped (white and green parts)
- 1⁄4 cup roasted almonds, chopped
- Place the couscous in a serving bowl. Add 1 1/2 cups boiling water and stir. Cover tightly and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the jam in a small saucepan over medium heat or in a microwave on low until bubbling, 30 to 60 seconds. Remove from heat.
- Immediately add the vinegar, then the oil, and mix until combined.
- Season with the salt and pepper; set aside.
- Fluff the couscous with a fork and stir in the scallions and almonds.
- Add the vinaigrette and toss.