Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 mins
This goes very nicely with pork chops or lamb chops.
- 1⁄4 cup apple juice
- 1⁄2 cup peeled and chopped tart apple
- 1⁄3 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄4 cup snipped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon medium-hot curry powder
- 2 cups uncooked quick couscous
- 2 cups defatted chicken broth
- salt, pepper
- Heat apple juice in 2-quart saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Bring to boil.
- Stir in apples, green onions, chives and curry powder and cook 1 to 2 minutes, stirring.
- Add couscous and cook 1 minute.
- Add broth and bring to boil.
- Cover and remove from heat.
- Let stand 10 to 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Fluff with fork.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
This was ever so quick and easy to make! It had a nice light curry flavor that was gentle and went well with the apple. We found that adding a squeeze of fresh lemon before serving enhanced the flavor of the dish very well. It seemed to be a good dish to pair with spicier curries or foods, to tame the heat. Thanks, Dancer^, for a nice recipe!