Recipe by PinkCherryBlossom
I love this version of couscous, the Harissa gives it a great kick! I ususally use two tsp of Harissa but if you are not familiar with it use only one.
- 350 g couscous
- 600 ml hot vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon harissa
- 75 g butter
- 100 g whole blanched almonds
- 85 g pine nuts
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 3 tablespoons coriander, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried chili pepper flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Plase couscous in a bowl. Mix stock and harissa and pour over the couscous. Leave to stand until the stock has been absorbed (about 8 mins).
- Fluff up the couscous and tip into a steamer basket. Steam for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile heat the butter and fry almonds for 2 minutes Add pine nuts and cayenne and fry for another 2 minutes remove and add fresh herbs.
- Tip out couscous and top with the nut mixture. Scatter over chilli flakes.