Recipe by Miss Annie
A nice healthy salad. I enjoy making it even in the winter. Makes a good side for chicken too.
- 1 cup cooked couscous
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices (about 2 cups)
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium summer squash, cut into 1/4-inch slices (about 1-1/2 cups)
- 1⁄2 medium red onion, cut into 8 wedges
- 1 (7 ounce) containerrefrigerated pesto sauce or 1 (7 ounce) containerregular pesto sauce (with sun-dried tomatoes)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar or 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in 10-inch non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook zucchini, yellow squash, bell pepper and onion in oil about 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until crisp-tender.
- Toss couscous, vegetable mixture, pesto and vinegar in large bowl.
- Serve warm or cold.