Recipe by Ava R
This is a recipe I adapted from a Williams-Sonoma cookbook. When I add the mixed greens, I usually just tear them or chop them into bite-sized pieces. Also, you can use red onion if you prefer. This recipe does make a large amount, but it saves well for a couple days.
- 1 cup couscous
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 cup thawed frozen baby peas
- 1⁄2 cup thin sliced green onion
- 1⁄2 cup minced red pepper
- 1 cup thin sliced mixed greens
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled feta cheese (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a heatproof bowl, combine couscous and 1 1/2 cup boiling water (or cook packaged couscous according to box).
- Cover tightly until all water is absorbed, about 20 minutes.
- Uncover couscous and let cool to room temperature, and fluff with a fork.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Add peas, green onion, bell pepper, parsley, mixed greens, and dressing.
- Top with feta cheese, if you'd like.