Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Insalata di Tonno e Cuscusu, in '1,000 Italian Recipes' by Michele Scicilone
- 1 cup quick cooking couscous
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 (7 ounce) canitalian tuna in olive oil (I use two cans)
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small cucumber, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- Cook the couscous with salt to taste, according to the package directions.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the basil, oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in the warm couscous; mix well.
- Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Drain the tuna and add it to the bowl with the celery, tomato, and cucumber.
- Stir well; taste and adjust seasoning.
- Serve at room temperature or chill in the refrigerator briefly.