Recipe by kellyrae
This is a vegetarian recipe given to me by a friend. Me and my boyfriend eat it all the time. He claims it reminds him of his mothers tacos (which contain meat!) This recipe is easy to make and doesn't take up alot of time to prepare and cook. I usually use the "hot" taco seasoning to add spice. ENJOY!!
- 1 small onion
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 package taco seasoning
- 1⁄2 lb firm tofu or 1⁄2 lb extra firm tofu
- 1 cup couscous
- 10 -12 taco shells
Directions See How It's Made
- Dice onion.
- Place diced onions, diced tomatoes, water, and taco seasoning into medium pot and stir.
- Turn stove on medium/high and bring mixture to a boil.
- Let cook for a few minutes.
- While that is cooking dice the tofu into 1/4 inch squares.
- Add tofu and couscous, stir, turn off heat, and cover pot.
- Let it sit for 5 minutes,covered.
- Warm the taco shells.
- Scoop mixture into shells.
- Serve with whatever taco condiments you prefer.